MISSION OF THE CHAMBER
The Mission of the Chamber is to:
- promote, represent and advocate the interests of the business community in the County of Maui;
- promote participation in the business community by those engaged in business, agriculture, industry, commerce, or profession;
- facilitate the exchange of business and broaden opportunities for businesses;
- foster the exchange of ideas and information among and between its members and other members of the business community; and
- encourage and promote the professional growth of its membership.
PROGRAM OF WORK
Members of the Chamber associate and work with other businesses committed to strengthening the position of the growing number of Filipino businesses on Maui. Educational seminars and workshops are offered throughout the year. Opportunities are provided to learn what is happening in the County of Maui and to meet government officials.
Through the Gintong Pamana (Golden Heritage) Leadership Awards, those who have enhanced the image of Maui’s Filipino community are recognized. Scholarships are also awarded to outstanding graduating high school students.
On December 11, 1994, prospective members met and decided to incorporate the Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Maui [“FCCM”]. The FCCM was incorporated in the State of Hawaii on December 13, 1994. Simultaneously, other Maui residents opted to organize themselves into a chapter of the Filipino Chamber of Commerce of Hawaii, which was established in 1954 [“FCCH-Maui Chapter”]. FCCM and FCCH-Maui Chapter coexisted until 2001 when community elders Richard Caldito, Sr. and Rafael Acoba persuaded FCCM and FCCH-Maui Chapter to unify under the name of Maui Filipino Chamber of Commerce, using the organizational structure of FCCM.